Farlands is a loaded with charm and tradition, situated in Montpelier Estate with sweeping views of the ocean and nearby islands of St. Kitts, Statia, Saba, breathtaking views of Nevis Peak and stunning sunsets. Set amongst beautiful tropical plantings, the rambling home fits comfortably into its surroundings. Splashes of bright colors enliven the house which is casual and comfortable. Adjacent to the main living area is a charming, roomy guest cottage, outdoor pavilion, and downstairs, an artist studio. The perfect home for a buyer looking for privacy, charm and West Indian character, such as traditional wooden lattice and colorful tiles.
- Location: Montpelier Estate
- Age of Home: Built in 1992 with later additions of a room off the master bedroom and a pavilion and art studio
- Square footage: 3173 sq. ft. total under roof
- Living Area: Main house section with 1659 sq. ft. includes large living room, furnished with comfortable island-style furniture, that flows into an al fresco dining area with wet bar.
- Guest House: Spacious 734 sq. ft. guest quarters with separate kitchenette, bathroom with shower, and huge outdoor living room-type veranda.
- Sunset Pavilion & Studio: Open-air pavilion provides gorgeous sunset vistas with ample space to lounge or entertain. The studio below totaling 780 sq. ft. with half bath and a large storage closet makes optimum use of the area and provides a lovely retreat to paint, write or create your own personal space.
- Bedrooms: Master bedroom with king four-poster bed has an adjoining room that can be used as an office, nursery, etc. with adjacent bath with shower; additional bedroom is located on the lower level with two double beds and ensuite bath with shower; third bedroom in separate guest cottage.
- Baths: 3.5
- Kitchen: 252 sq. ft. galley-style kitchen with new GE stove and Whirlpool refrigerator. Large walk-in pantry.
- Contractor: Wedge Pemberton
- Architect: Ted Cox
- Generator: 5KV
- Electric: Nevis Electric Co. Solar may be used as support for the water heater.
- Water: government water and 35,000-gallon cistern
- Pool: 12’ x 24’ surrounded by Saltillo tile deck. Storage is located on the garden level around the pool with a laundry room containing a Whirlpool washer and laundry tub.
- Construction: Block & masonry
- Roof: Galvanized metal
Description: Very comfortable and livable, Farlands is a blend of modern living with Caribbean style. The property is completely fenced and includes lime trees, coconut palms, mango trees, etc. The house is located in the popular Montpelier area near the Montpelier Plantation Inn and the Botanical Garden of Nevis. A solar heater is in place to supplement the water heater. Farlands comes fully furnished with the exception of select items and is ready for immediate occupancy.